20070827

Placement day 1 was a blast despite the early morning and late finish. Suprisingly the grade 1's still remember me after my supervising teacher told them who I am. I guess it's my fringe that made them *forget* and turn mysteriously quiet when I smiled at them in the morning,or it could just be my face ;) but it's all good =) I was basically getting to know the students again, It's nice to know they still want me to be there even though, for some, they have another 'hawk' watching them do their work quietly ;) I remember when I was younger I couldnt do my work with someone watching me write, I still can't but its okay, I still have to stand there and watch, if not they wont get anything done. =D Assembly was freezing and Section meeting was interesting =) They're starting to teach the students how to use iMacs and there's interactive whiteboards (basically a tablet whiteboard). It's quite funny how they have to get their hands checked for dirt before they touch the Macs. The teacher's lounge room was still a little awkward even though interesting convos were going on, lucky I have two uni friends that are in there with me (: Anyway, I'm out of energy. More serious work to do starting tomorrow!! (:

A good day it turned out to be =)